These bakery style peanut butter cookies are soft, delicious and stuffed with extra peanut butter making them the Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookie!
Where are my peanut butter lovers out there? I am, that's for sure! For all you peanut butter lovers, THIS is the Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. Not only are these peanut butter cookies HUGE, but they are soft and chewy and filled with extra peanut butter, just because.
What makes the Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies?
One of my favorite types of peanut butter cookies is those jumbo-sized, super soft bakery-style cookies. You know, the ones at the specialty cookie shops or your favorite soup and sandwich restaurant? They are the best! I had to come up with a similar recipe at home, just so I could keep a couple in my freezer, for emergencies of course. The secret to making bakery-style cookies is cornstarch. It makes the cookies chewy, soft and absolutely delicious. These peanut butter cookies are pretty simple to put together. They require an extra step for the extra filling but trust me, it's totally worth it. The extra peanut butter filling is key to making these Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies. It makes the cookies extra peanut buttery and decadent.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies
- You will start by making the middles for these cookies out of peanut butter & powdered sugar. Once you mix it up, you will roll them into balls and throw them in the freezer for a bit while you make the other dough.
- Mix up your other cookie dough and divide it up into 8 pieces. Then, divide each of those pieces into two. You will flatten these two pieces into circles and then drop those middles in between and wrap the dough around the middles into a large ball.
- Once you have assembled the cookies, pop them back in the freezer for another few minutes. Why? Chilling cookie dough before you bake them makes sure they don't spread. Then they will stay super thick and delicious!
Storing Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies are best fresh but will keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container. If for some reason they don't get devoured right away, you can freeze these cookies for later. Make sure they are cooled completely and then store them in the freezer in a zip-top bag. They should keep this way for up to two months. When you are ready to eat them, just defrost them at room temperature. You can pop them in the microwave for 10-20 seconds so they are warm, just like they are fresh from the oven! This cookie dough freezes well too. After you stuff the cookies and shape them into the large balls, wrap each ball in plastic wrap and store them in a zip-top bag. The dough should keep like this for 2 months. When you defrost them, make sure they are still chilled before baking, just not frozen.Print
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @SaporitoKitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #SaporitoKitchen
I hope you guys enjoy these cookies as much as I do! They are delicious and one of my favorites. Make sure you comment below and let me know what your favorite cookie is. If you're in the baking mood, here are some more sweets to keep you busy!
- White Chocolate Cream Filled Eclairs
- Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel Frosting
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Lemon Curd