This refreshing pink vodka lemonade is the perfect summer cocktail! Not only is it perfectly tart, but it's also perfectly sweet, and made with simple syrup infused with fresh thyme. This drink has the perfect pink color and would be great for a Summer BBQ, baby shower, as well as brunch! For a quick overview of this recipe, check out my web story for this sparkling pink lemonade pitcher cocktail!
I love making summer cocktails, especially ones that can be easily made to serve a crowd. Whether you are having close family over or a few neighborhood friends, this homemade vodka lemonade is perfect for summertime. It can also be made into a non-alcoholic version of pink lemonade for those who don't drink or for the little ones.
🍋 Ingredient notes
- Lemon juice - I always prefer fresh lemon juice when making lemonade. It gives it the perfect tartness and makes for an excellent drink. Store-bought can also be used if needed.
- Cranberry juice - A little bit of cranberry juice gives this drink its perfect pink color as well as some additional tartness.
- Simple syrup - Simple syrup is a 50/50 mix of water and sugar that is heated until the sugar is dissolved. Since the sugar dissolves in the water, this makes for a perfectly sweet lemonade that doesn't have that gritty texture from undissolved sugar. I infused this simple syrup with fresh thyme for a light, herbal flavor. However, the thyme can be omitted and plain simple syrup can be used instead.
- Club soda - The addition of club soda to this recipe gives this drink a nice fizzy and refreshing taste. Alternatively, water can be used if you don't want the fizz or sparkling wine or champagne could be used for an extra bubbly treat!
🍹 Step by step instructions
First, combine the water, sugar and fresh thyme sprigs in a pot and heat over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Lower the heat and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes. Discard the thyme sprigs and allow it to cool completely in the fridge.
Combine the fresh lemon juice, cranberry juice, vodka and cooled simple syrup into a beverage pitcher and stir to combine.
Add club soda and stir gently to combine.
Garnish the beverage pitcher with fresh lemon wheels.
Serve over ice with fresh thyme sprigs and lemon wheel, if desired. Enjoy responsibly!
⭐ Top tip
When adding the club soda, be careful not to pour too quickly and stir too vigorously so it doesn't overflow over the top!Print
- Non-alcoholic - Replace the vodka with more club soda to make this drink a mocktail
- Punch - This recipe can be doubled and served in a punch bowl for a fun fizzy drink
🥃 More cocktail recipes
If you loved this recipe for pink lemonade cocktail recipe, check out these other cocktail recipes that I know you will love.
Don't forget! If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Tag me on Facebook and Instagram as well! It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.