These homemade crackers are flavored with fresh rosemary and grated parmesan. Easy to make and a great addition to any cheese platter or charcuterie board.
Have you ever had the pleasure of making homemade crackers? I’ll have to admit, I thought homemade crackers were a complete waste of time. I mean crackers, really? They aren’t that expensive and there is some pretty amazing store-bought crackers out there. But, I thought I would try it. Just to see what all the hype was about.
I remember one of Ina Garten’s rules for easy entertaining is not make everything yourself. I think it’s tempting to make everything homemade, but it can also be very overwhelming. If I’m doing something simple that takes minimal effort to put together, then I like to include a couple special homemade items. These Parmesan Rosemary Crackers are one of those special items that I don’t mind spending a little bit of time on and they go along great with an easy item like a cheese board or charcuterie platter.
Ingredients for Parmesan Rosemary Crackers
These crackers are adapted from a recipe from Fox & Briar. I changed up the recipe just a tad and added parmesan cheese. They are herby, salty and a little bit crispy. Here is what you will need to pick up at the store:
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Rosemary
- Olive Oil
How to Make Homemade Crackers
You will start by mixing all of your ingredients in a bowl to form a dough. Then you will knead the dough a bit and then roll it out into a thin sheet. You can decide the thickness of your crackers at this point, but I recommend 1/8″-1/4” thick. Cut the dough into your desired cracker shape and then place them on a lined baking sheet. At this point, you want to make sure to poke a few holes in each cracker using a fork. This helps prevent them from getting huge air bubbles while cooking. Lastly, brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Baking Parmesan Rosemary Crackers
These crackers bake in a super hot oven for 10-12 minutes. They are a little soft when you take them out, but will crisp up as they cool. As long as they are golden brown, you are good to go. Make sure you keep an eye on them though, the cheese will burn very quickly if you leave them in too long.
Parmesan Rosemary Crackers
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup water
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 Tablespoon of the parmesan cheese, rosemary, sugar, salt, water and 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Stir together to combine until the ingredients come together into a ball of dough.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead until the dough is a smooth ball.
- Roll the dough out using a rolling pin into a thin sheet that is approximately ⅛"-¼" thick.
- Cut crackers into small squares using a roller cutter or knife and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Using a fork, poke a few holes in the top of each cracker to prevent large air bubbles.
- Brush the tops of the crackers using a pastry brush with the remaining olive oil and then sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese over the top of the olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @SaporitoKitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #SaporitoKitchen
Keep an eye out for my next post coming on Saturday, You won’t want to miss it. It’s a step by step guide on how to put together the perfect charcuterie board and these Parmesan Rosemary crackers, they would go great with it. Just sayin’.