For an easy weeknight meal, try this tasty Italian sausage and potatoes. Sweet Italian sausage, baby yellow potatoes, sweet bell peppers and red onions are cooked all together on a sheet pan for easy prep and easy clean up.
When things are busy during the week, an easy meal is a must. A lot of times I am busy working and running kids around and the last thing I want to do is spend a lot of time prepping a meal. Sheet pan meals are a great way to cook everything all at once, plus there are less dishes to do after dinner!
🥔 Ingredient notes
- Italian Sausage - I typically use sweet or mild Italian sausage for this recipe. If you like more spicy, hot or spicy Italian sausage can be used as well.
- Potatoes - Baby yellow potatoes are small and creamy and take less time to cook due to their size and density. You can use larger potatoes, such as red or russet, however, I do recommend cutting them into smaller sized pieces. This will help them cook evenly.
- Peppers - I like to throw in a couple of bell peppers for some added sweetness and vegetables. You can use whatever color you like and even add some spicy peppers for some more heat!
🔪 Step by step instructions
First, slice your peppers and onion into strips and cut the baby potatoes in half. Lay them on a sheet pan and add the sausages in between the vegetables.
Drizzle sausages and vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roast in a 400˚ oven in the middle rack for about 45 minutes. The sausages and vegetables should be browned and the potatoes should be fork tender.
⭐ Top tip
Cut the vegetables and potatoes into similar size pieces to allow for even cooking.
- Different Sausage - This recipe will work with other types of sausages, such as chicken, bratwurst, polish or chorizo sausages.
- Different Veggies - Asparagus, green beans, brussels sprouts or even sweet potatoes would work for this dish.
🍽 What to serve with this
- Antipasto Salad
- Polenta Cakes with Tomato Bacon Jam
- Melon and Prosiutto Caprese Salad
- Savory Cornbread Pudding with Jalapenos
- Celery Salad with Parmesan
🍝 More dinner recipes
If you loved this easy sheet pan sausage and potatoes, check out these other recipes that I know you will love too!
Don't forget! If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Tag me on Facebook and Instagram as well! It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.