For an easy weeknight meal, try this tasty Italian sausage and potatoes. Sweet Italian sausage, baby yellow potatoes, sweet bell peppers and red onions are cooked all together on a sheet pan for easy prep and easy clean up.
When things are busy during the week, an easy meal is a must. A lot of times I am busy working and running kids around and the last thing I want to do is spend a lot of time prepping a meal. Sheet pan meals are a great way to cook everything all at once, plus there are less dishes to do after dinner!
🥔 Ingredient notes
- Italian Sausage - I typically use sweet or mild Italian sausage for this recipe. If you like more spicy, hot or spicy Italian sausage can be used as well.
- Potatoes - Baby yellow potatoes are small and creamy and take less time to cook due to their size and density. You can use larger potatoes, such as red or russet, however, I do recommend cutting them into smaller sized pieces. This will help them cook evenly.
- Peppers - I like to throw in a couple of bell peppers for some added sweetness and vegetables. You can use whatever color you like and even add some spicy peppers for some more heat!
📋 Substitutions and variations
- Different Sausage - This recipe will work with other types of sausages, such as chicken, bratwurst, polish or chorizo sausages.
- Different Veggies - Asparagus, green beans, brussels sprouts or even sweet potatoes would work for this dish.
🔪 Step by step instructions
First, slice your peppers and onions into strips and cut the baby potatoes in half. Lay them on a sheet pan and add the sausages in between. Drizzle everything with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roast in a 400˚ oven in the middle rack for about 45 minutes. The sausages and vegetables should be browned and the potatoes should be fork tender.
⭐ Expert tips
- Make sure to cut the onions, peppers and potatoes into similar sized pieces to allow for even cooking in the oven.
- Try and evenly space the sausages and vegetables on the sheet pan, so they evenly roast and brown in the oven.
⏲️ Make ahead and storage suggestions
This meal can be prepped up to 12 hours ahead of time. Place the sausages and veggies on the sheet pan, wrap it in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator. When it's time to cook the meal, take it out of the refrigerator while you preheat the oven. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and cook as directed.
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-5 days. Leftovers can be kept in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
For a quick overview of this recipe, check out my web story for this italian sausage, potatoes, peppers and onions!
🍝 More easy dinner recipes
If you loved this easy sheet pan sausage and potatoes, check out these other easy dinner recipes that I know you will love too!
Don't forget! If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Tag me on Facebook and Instagram as well! It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.Print