If you are still grilling, then you must try this Grilled Italian Zucchini with Lemon. This recipe uses minimal ingredients and takes under 25 minutes to make. Drizzle some olive oil on your fresh zucchini and season it up with Italian seasoning and lemon pepper. Then, grill your zucchini long enough to make them tender but still crisp and finish them off with fresh lemon. This recipe is a great option for vegetarians or vegans and it is also gluten free.
Easy Grilled Italian Zucchini with Lemon
In my recent reader survey, one of the things that most everyone said they wanted to see more of were easy recipes. I’ll admit, I sometimes get caught up in trying to make perfect flavor combination and in the process, recipes get complicated. Although I still like to come up with unique recipes, I am really working on making things simpler. I feel like simple can be better sometimes, especially when it comes to the ingredients. I really feel like it lets the flavors show through, especially with vegetables.
This last week the weather has been CRAZY! One day it was almost 100 degrees and then just a few days later, we had hurricane-force winds that were uprooting massive trees and snapping power lines in half. Now, as I look out the window while writing this post, it’s perfectly sunny and in the 80’s. I always feel like September is this weird in between that jumps back and forth between Summer and Fall. The hot weather definitely starts to get to me about now, but I still enjoy Summertime food and grilling! If the weather is still warm where you live and you are still soaking up the last bits of Summer, I have a few more recipes coming your way. However, if you are ready for the cooler weather and Fall flavors, don’t worry, those are coming soon.
Alternatives to Grilling Zucchini
If by chance you don’t have a grill or if it’s just too cold to start it up right now, don’t worry, there are other options! You can either use a grill pan on your stove top or you can even roast these zucchini halves in the oven. If you are cooking them on the grill pan, the cooking times will be similar to when you cook them on the grill. If you are roasting them in the oven, I recommend using a temperature of 375° and roasting them for about 15-20 minutes. No matter what cooking method you use, times will vary slightly based on the size of your zucchini.
Grilled Italian Zucchini with Lemon
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ lemon
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and brush each half generously with olive oil all over.
- Sprinkle zucchini halves with Italian seasoning, lemon pepper and salt.
- Place zucchini on pre-heated grill, close cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned and starting to soften.
- Flip zucchini over, close cover and continue to cook for an additional 6-8 minutes until lightly browned on the other side and softened, yet still a bit firm.
- Remove zucchini from the grill and place on a serving platter. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over cooked zucchini and serve.
Enjoy this Grilled Italian Zucchini with Lemon with some other popular Summertime recipes:
- Grilled Italian Steaks
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cheesecake Bars
- Grilled Peaches with Honey Whipped Mascarpone
- Simple Summer Panzanella
Remember to rate and comment on how you liked these and any other recipes on this site. Your review helps me and others to make things better!