This grapefruit cocktail is light, refreshing, and the best brunch cocktail that is also one of the best cocktails for mother's day! Fresh grapefruit juice is topped with elderflower liqueur and prosecco for a fruity, floral cocktail with just the right amount of fizz! For a quick overview of this recipe, check out my web story for this grapefruit prosecco cocktail!
This grapefruit prosecco cocktail is one of my favorites and if you love grapefruit, you definitely need to try it. It's super easy to make and you only need three ingredients! It's perfectly fruity, floral, and fizzy, not to mention it looks beautiful too.
🥂 Ingredient notes
- Grapefruit juice - I recommend using fresh grapefruit juice for this recipe if you can. However, if you can only buy it bottled, that is fine too. I find some bottled grapefruit juice to be bitter so I always try to squeeze fresh grapefruits if I can. You will need 4 ounces of juice for two drinks, which you should be able to get from 1-2 grapefruits.
- Elderflower liqueur - Elderflower liqueur can be found in most stores that sell liquor. It is made from elderflower petals, a small white flower that blooms in the Spring and Summer. The liquid is slightly sweetened, perfectly floral, and has just a hint of citrus.
- Prosecco - Prosecco is a sparkling wine made in Italy. It's one of my favorites, so that is my "fizz" of choice. Alternatively, you can use dry champagne or another sparkling wine.
🔪 Step by step instructions
First, juice your grapefruits and strain the juice to remove any pulp. (If you are using store-bought grapefruit juice, this step can be skipped). Next, add the juice to your champagne flutes and top with the elderflower liqueur.
Lastly, finish off the drinks with the prosecco.
⭐ Top tip
Strain your fresh grapefruit juice to remove any seeds and large amounts of pulp.Print
- For a crowd - In a punch bowl or large beverage pitcher, combine 3 cups (24 ounces) of grapefruit juice with ¾ cup (6 ounces) of elderflower liqueur and stir together. Top with 2 - 750 ml bottles of prosecco. Freeze slices of fresh grapefruit to use as a garnish and to help keep the punch cold. This will make approximately 12 drinks.
- Mocktail - Make a non-alcoholic version of this drink by omitting the elderflower liqueur and replacing the prosecco with club soda.
🥂 More cocktail recipes
If you loved this recipe for my sparkling grapefruit cocktail, try these other homemade drinks that I know you will love too!
Don't forget! If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Tag me on Facebook and Instagram as well! It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.