This savory Goat Cheese Puff Pastry appetizer with Sundried Tomatoes is a quick and easy appetizer that is sure to impress. This delicious recipe is made with just three ingredients and great for Christmas and the holiday season!
I love making appetizers during the holiday season. They are the perfect thing to snack on whether you’re busy decorating the house, exchanging presents on Christmas or waiting for the ball to drop on New Years Eve. When I’m making and planning food for the holiday season, I always try to come up with a good variety of food. It’s best to try and have a few things that are on the sweet side and few things on the savory side. Making sure that all of the recipes you are making are not too complicated is also key. If I’m making something that is a little bit more labor intensive, I make sure to add a few things that are quick and easy, like this Goat Cheese Puff Pastry with Sundried Tomatoes.
Savory Puff Pastry Recipes
Usually when people think about puff pastry, they think of sweet recipes. However, there are many savory applications for puff pastry as well. Puff pastry is light and buttery, so it pairs well with either sweet or savory flavors. I love the contrast in texture between the light pastry and a savory creamy filling. Cheese, vegetables or even meat are all good options to pair with puff pastry. Since the puff pastry in itself is pretty impressive in both look and taste, simple fillings work perfectly with it.
How to Make Goat Cheese Puff Pastry with Sundried Tomatoes
There is only three ingredients that you need to pick up from the grocery store for this recipe:
- Frozen Puff Pastry Dough
- Goat Cheese
- Sundried Tomatoes
Once you have all your ingredients, here is how to put them together to make a tasty holiday appetizer:
- First, mix together the goat cheese with the sundried tomatoes. I like to use a hand mixer to make sure everything is well incorporated together.
- You will then roll out the dough sheets slightly to make sure they are even thickness and then cut each sheet into squares.
- Then, you will take the goat cheese mixture and drop about a teaspoon into the middle of each square.
- Last, but certainly not least, we bake! About 12 -14 minutes should do the trick to achieve ultimate deliciousness!
More Easy Appetizer Recipes…
If you enjoyed this quick and easy Christmas appetizer recipe, here are some more you might enjoy:
- Roasted Grapes and Olives
- Blue Cheese Kettle Chips with Bacon and Onions
- Whipped Lemon Ricotta with Grilled Bread
Lastly, if you make this Goat Cheese Puff Pastry with Sundried Tomatoes recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as well, if you make any of my recipes. It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.