These savory puff pastry squares are filled with goat cheese and sundried tomatoes for a quick and easy appetizer that is sure to impress. This delicious 3-ingredient recipe is done in less than 30 minutes, making it the perfect appetizer for easy entertaining. For a quick overview of this recipe, check out my web story for this savory puff pastry appetizer.
I love making appetizers for parties, holidays, or just a fun Friday night dinner. When entertaining, it's especially key to make sure that all of the recipes you are making are not too complicated. Pairing a few simple side dishes or appetizers with a more complicated main dish helps to make sure you don't get overwhelmed or spend all of your time in the kitchen.
🍅 Ingredient notes
- Puff pastry - You can make your own puff pastry or use the pre-made frozen sheets that you can purchase from the grocery store.
- Sundried tomatoes - I like to use sundried tomatoes packed in oil for this recipe because the oil adds extra flavor and also mixes well with the goat cheese.
- Goat cheese - Either a log of goat cheese or crumbles can be used, however, I find the log tends to be creamier and mixes together better.
🥣 Step by step instructions
First, mix together the goat cheese and sundried tomatoes in a mixing bowl using either a hand mixer or a whisk.
Roll out the thawed puff pastry dough sheets slightly to make sure they are even thickness and then cut each sheet into 9 squares or 18 total pieces.
Place the puff pastry dough squares onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Drop about 1 teaspoon of the goat cheese mixture into the middle of each square.
Bake the puff pastry squares in a 400˚ oven for about 12-14 minutes until the puff pastry is golden brown and puffed up around the cheese mixture.
⭐ Top tip
Make sure to completely thaw your frozen puff pastry sheets before using them. If they are a little bit frozen or too cold, they may crack and won't roll out evenly.Print
- Vegetables - substitute the sundried tomatoes for roasted red peppers, pepperoncini peppers, minced olives, or chopped roasted vegetables
- Cheese - substitute the goat cheese for cream cheese, blue cheese, or even Boursin cheese.
🧀 More Easy Appetizer Recipes
If you loved this recipe for these easy puff pastry squares, check out these other easy appetizers that I know you will love too.
- Roasted Grapes and Olives
- Manchego Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Whipped Lemon Ricotta with Grilled Bread
Don't forget! If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Tag me on Facebook and Instagram as well! It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.