This easy panko crusted salmon is one of the best weeknight dinner recipes. Fresh salmon is slathered in a dijon and stone ground mustard mixture, then topped with crispy seasoned panko breadcrumbs, and drizzled with olive oil. Then, it is cooked in the oven till it's nice and crispy on the outside and flaky and flavorful on the inside. For a quick overview of this recipe, check out my web story for this panko crusted salmon!
Panko crusted salmon is one of my favorite things to cook for dinner. It's quick to put together and a family favorite. Salmon is full of protein and healthy fats so I love making it a regular part of our dinner rotation. This Dijon Panko Crusted Salmon can be whipped up in less than 45 minutes, making it a great weeknight dinner idea.
🐟 Ingredient notes
- Salmon - I try to purchase wild caught salmon when I can. This means it was raised and caught in the wild as opposed to being raised on a farm. Wild caught salmon is typically leaner, has a better fat ratio, and also can be a rich source of minerals and vitamins. It can, however, be harder to find and also tends to be more expensive. Whether purchasing farm or wild raised salmon, try to make sure it's responsibly sourced.
- Mustard - Stone ground mustard and dijon mustard are used for this recipe as the "glue" to stick the breadcrumbs to the salmon. I like using the combination of the two mustards to add the best flavor and texture.
- Panko breadcrumbs - Panko is a Japanese style breadcrumb that is lighter and flakier, so they make a good alternative to traditional breadcrumbs. Alternatively, traditional breadcrumbs can also be used. The seasoned breadcrumbs provide a wonderful crunch to the outside of the salmon.
🔪 Step by step instructions
First, mix together the mustards, maple syrup, and seasonings together and spread it all over the salmon using a basting brush or the back of a spoon.
Next, mix the breadcrumbs with the seasonings and press the mixture evenly onto the salmon to make the crust.
Lastly, drizzle the breadcrumbs evenly with olive oil or use an olive oil sprayer to help make sure the breadcrumbs get super crispy in the oven.
Cook salmon in a 375˚ for about 25-30 minutes until the breadcrumbs are browned and the salmon flakes when you cut into it.
⭐ Top tip
When adding the breadcrumbs on top of the mustard, make sure to gently press them into the salmon. This helps to make sure they stay on the salmon to help form the crust.Print
- Gluten free - Use gluten free breadcrumbs to make sure this recipe is gluten friendly!
- Spicy - Add 1 Tablespoon of your favorite hot sauce to the mustard mixture for an extra kick!
🍝 More easy dinners
If you like this easy baked salmon recipe, try these other easy dinner ideas that I know. you will love too.
- Jumbo Shrimp and Scallop Scampi
- Creamy Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage
- Grilled Chicken Caprese with Pesto
Don't forget! If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Tag me on Facebook and Instagram as well! It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.