These crispy potato wedges with lemon aioli are going to be your new favorite side dish. Thick, fresh cut potato wedges are tossed with a flavorful combination of parmesan cheese and seasonings and roasted until perfectly crispy. Serve these baked potato wedges with the zesty lemon aioli that is perfect for dipping! For a quick overview of this recipe, check out my web story for these parmesan roasted potato wedges!
I'm obsessed with all things potato, especially crispy roasted ones! These baked potato wedges are a favorite in our house. They are a simple recipe, but one that packs a flavorful punch. They make a great substitute for fries or heavy mashed potatoes and go great when you are grilling or just want a tasty snack!
🥔 Ingredient notes
- Potatoes - I like using russet potatoes for this recipe. They have less water content and tend to be a bit starchier which makes them perfect for roasting. Try and get potatoes that are relatively the same size to make even sized wedges
- Oil - For this recipe, the olive oil flavor goes really well with the other seasonings. Alternatively, you can use corn oil, vegetable oil, or avocado oil.
- Aioli - Traditional aioli started as a thick sauce made from an emulsion of mashed garlic, oil, and salt. Nowadays, aiolis typically include eggs and acid and more often than not are simply mayonnaise heavily flavored with garlic. This easy aioli dipping sauce recipe is simply mayonnaise mixed with garlic, lemon, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
🔪 Step by step instructions
First, wash and dry your potatoes and then cut them into wedges. Depending on the size of your potatoes, 4-6 wedges per potato will work best.
Next, place the freshly cut potato wedges in large mixing bowl and add your oil, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Toss everything together so the potatoes are evenly coated with oil and seasonings.
Then, lay the seasoned potato wedges on a sheet pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Space the wedges evenly across the pan in one layer.
Place potatoes in a 425˚ oven to roast. Mix up the lemon aioli while the potatoes are roasting. Combine the mayonnaise, chopped garlic, lemon juice, and zest, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until everything well until it's smooth and creamy.
The potatoes should take about 30-35 minutes to finish roasting. You want them to be browned and crispy on the outside and fork tender.
Serve the freshly roasted potato wedges with lemon aioli dipping sauce!
⭐ Top tip
Choose potatoes that are similar in size and cut them into similar sized wedges. This will help to make sure everything cooks evenly and in the same amount of time.Print
- Dairy free - Omit the parmesan cheese for a dairy free version of this recipe.
- Spicy - Add ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes to potato seasoning and add 1 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce to the aioli for a zestier dish!
🥗 More side dish recipes
If you loved this recipe for my baked potato wedges with lemon aioli, check out these other side dishes that I know you will enjoy!
Don't forget! If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Tag me on Facebook and Instagram as well! It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.