Chocolate Whiskey Brownies are fudgy and indulgent and the best boozy brownies you will ever make. These decadent homemade brownies are best drizzled with caramel and sprinkled with sea salt. This easy brownie recipe can be made in just 30 minutes and are perfect when you need a chocolate fix!
Easy Brownie Recipe
I don't know about you, but every once and a while, I need a good chocolate fix. When I'm in the mood for chocolate, a good fudgy brownie will always do the trick. These Chocolate Whiskey Brownies are my new favorite easy brownie recipe. These homemade brownies can be just made in 30 minutes and are super decadent. Honestly, the hardest part of this recipe is letting them cool! I highly recommend drizzling them with a good caramel sauce and sprinkling them with some flaky sea salt. This takes these delicious boozy brownies to a whole new level.
Baking with Whiskey
I love baking with whiskey, especially when it comes to chocolate. The flavor profiles of chocolate and whiskey are very similar. It's a match made in heaven! For these brownies, I used my favorite bourbon whiskey from a local distillery here in Utah. It's smoky and spicy and makes the perfect flavor combination with these rich chocolate brownies. Infusing these brownies with whiskey adds a unique depth of flavor that really lends itself to this truly decadent treat. My recommendation is always to use something that you would enjoy drinking when you use it in the recipe. It doesn't need to be the most expensive, but something that you would still enjoy drinking. If you prefer to bake without the whiskey, simply eliminate it from the recipe and replace it with 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. They will still be delicious, don't worry!
How to Make Chocolate Whiskey Brownies
These easy brownies from scratch are made in just a few simple steps. Here is how to whip them up, along with a few tips to help along the way:
- First, preheat your oven and line a square baking pan with parchment paper. I like using these parchment paper sheets when baking to make it easier to remove things from the pan. I also recommend using baking spray too, just to be sure!
- Next, mix together your brown sugar, melted butter, and whiskey. Once that is combined, add in your eggs and mix well.
- Then you will sift in the dry ingredients. You can either use a flour sifter or a fine mesh strainer. This helps to ensure you don't have any lumps of flour or cocoa powder in your brownies.
- Next, bake your brownies till they are no longer jiggly in the middle, about 20 minutes.
- Then, make sure you let these cool completely before cutting. For some extra pizzaz, drizzle them with a good caramel sauce (store bought is fine) and sprinkle with sea salt!
Even More Chocolate...
I hope you enjoyed this fudgy brownie recipe! For even more chocolate recipes, check out these fun recipes below:
Lastly, if you make this recipe for my Chocolate Whiskey Brownies please be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as well, if you make any of my recipes. It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.