Chocolate whiskey brownies are fudgy, indulgent and the best boozy brownies you will ever make. These decadent homemade brownies are best served drizzled with caramel sauce and sprinkled with flaky sea salt. For a quick overview of this recipe, check out my web story for these fudgy whiskey brownies.
I don't know about you, but every once and a while, I need a good chocolate fix. When I'm in the mood for chocolate, a good fudgy brownie will always do the trick. This is my new favorite easy brownie recipe that can be just made in 30 minutes!
🍫 Ingredient notes
- Brownies - this recipe has been adapted from Cafe Delites Best Fudgy Cocoa Brownies and it comes out perfectly every time. I highly recommend making these brownies from scratch, but a boxed mixed can also be used. Just substitute 2 ½ Tablespoons of the water for whiskey.
- Whiskey - when baking with whiskey I always recommend using something that you would drink. You don't have to use the most expensive brand out there, but I would probably skip on the cheap stuff. A bourbon whiskey would be my preference as that tends to be a bit sweeter and pairs with chocolate perfectly.
🥣 Step by step instructions
Mix together the brown sugar, melted butter, and whiskey. Once that is combined, add in your eggs and mix well. Then you will sift in the dry ingredients together using a flour sifter or a fine mesh strainer to make sure don't have any lumps in your brownies.
Pour the brownie batter into a square baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper and sprayed generously with baking spray.
Bake your brownies till they are no longer jiggly in the middle, about 20 minutes. If you try inserting a toothpick into the middle, they will probably still be gooey. Don't worry though, they will finish cooking and setting up as they cool.
Laslty, let them cool completely, slice and serve!
⭐ Top tip
Make sure to let the brownies cool completely before cutting. The brownies continue cooking a bit while cooling and this time also helps them set up.Print
- Ala mode - Serve these fudgy brownies with a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top for an extra special treat.
- Nuts - Like nuts in your brownies? Add ½ cup chopped pecans or walnut to the batter.
- No booze - Want to skip on the booze? No problem, just substitute the whiskey for 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Dairy free - Substitute the butter for your favorite dairy free or plant based butter to make these brownies dairy free.
💭 Frequently asked questions
Fudgy brownies should not be jiggly or shiny on top if they are cooked. However,i if a toothpick is inserted into the middle, it may not come out clean. If the batter is still shiny on top or if they are jiggly when you shake the pan, they are probably undercooked.
Most recipes call for granulated sugar, however brown sugar adds extra flavor and moisture to make a fudgier brownie.
🍫 More chocolate recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe for these decadent brownies, try these other chocolate recipes that I know you will love.
Don't forget! If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Tag me on Facebook and Instagram as well! It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.