Whipped Lemon Ricotta with Grilled Bread is a simple appetizer that is sure to impress. Fresh ricotta is whipped with lemon and olive oil and then served on top of pieces of grilled bread.
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 medium lemon (juice & zest )
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (divided)
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, ½ teaspoon of the kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon of the black pepper.
- Using a hand mixer, beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is well combined and creamy.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and slice the bread into approximately 1" slices. Brush each slice of bread generously on both sides with the remaining olive oil. Sprinkle each side of the bread slices with remaining salt and pepper.
- Grill bread for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned and toasted.
- Serve whipped ricotta in a bowl with grilled bread pieces on the side.
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish, Snack
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 197
Keywords: bread, cheese, summer, vegetarian