Waffles and Soft Scrambled Eggs with Spinach and Tomato is my new favorite breakfast recipe! Crispy waffles topped with velvety soft scrambled eggs that are filled with fresh spinach and tomatoes.
- 2 Van's Foods Power Grains Waffles - Original Flavor
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup fresh spinach leaves
- ½ fresh tomato
- Add waffles to the toaster and begin toasting on low.
- While your waffles are toasting, crack eggs into a small bowl and add the salt. Slightly scramble eggs with a fork or small whisk.
- Chop your spinach and tomato and set aside.
- Check waffles to see if they are warmed through, if not, toast for one more cycle while you cook the eggs.
- Add your eggs to a nonstick pan and place it on the stove top. Turn the heat onto medium low and begin to stir eggs with a heat proof spatula, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan so the eggs do not overcook.
- Continuously stir the eggs until they are done cooking. They are done when the eggs are mostly set but still a bit runny. Remove the pan from the heat and fold in chopped spinach and tomato.
- Place waffles on a plate and top with soft scrambled eggs.
- Category: Breakfast, Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 450
Keywords: eggs, spinach, tomato, vegetarian, waffles