These creamy soft scrambled eggs are made with butter and then mixed with baby spinach and fresh tomato. Fluffy and buttery, these eggs are amazing over crispy toasted waffles, on a bagel sandwich or alongside fresh fruit!
This post was originally published in January 2020 and has been updated for content.
In January, we all hit the reset button on our eating. After over-indulging during the holiday season everyone is ready for clean eating and nutritious foods, myself included. This doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor. Meet my new favorite breakfast, Waffles and Soft Scrambled Eggs with Spinach and Tomato. Not only is it a nutritious start to your day, but it’s packed with amazing flavor.
🥚 Ingredient notes
- Eggs - Two whole eggs is a typical serving for one person. This recipe can be doubled or tripled to serve more people.
- Butter - Use unsalted butter to help make these eggs super creamy. Dairy free butter can also be used.
- Waffles - I like serving these eggs over crispy toasted waffles. You can also serve them over toast, on a bagel or english muffin for a sandwich or by themselves!
📋 Substitutions and Variations
- Cheesy - Replace the spinach and tomato with shredded cheddar or swiss cheese
- Meat - Try adding diced ham, cooked bacon or breakfast sausage to your scrambled eggs
- Veggies - Substitute the tomato and spinach for chopped scallions, asparagus or sweet or hot peppers
- Herbs - Try chopped fresh chives, basil, oregano or parsley in your soft scrambled eggs
🍳 Step by step instructions
First, crack the eggs in a bowl with the salt and scramble with a fork. Place in a nonstick pan with the butter and place on the stovetop on medium low heat.
Stir the eggs while they cook, making sure to scrape the bottom until they are set, but still a little bit runny. Remove off of the heat and stir in the spinach and tomato.
Serve soft scrambled eggs over toasted waffles, a bagel or toast!
⭐ Expert tips
- Eggs are delicate, so you have to be careful to cook them properly or they will cook too long and become burnt and rubbery. Here are some tips to make sure your soft scrambled eggs come out perfect, every time:
- The key is to cook them low and slow! It may take a bit longer, but trust me, it will be worth it!
- Constantly stir your eggs to make sure they don't sit on the pan too long and burn or overcook.
- There is carry over cooking that happens when making eggs, so make sure you take the eggs off the heat when they are still a bit runny, but set. They will continue cooking a bit afterward.
🍳 More savory breakfast recipes
If you loved this recipe for soft scrambled eggs, check out these other savory breakfast recipes that I know you will love too!
Don't forget! If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Tag me on Facebook and Instagram as well! It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.Print