This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VansFoodsWaffles #vansfoods #CollectiveBias
Waffles and Soft Scrambled Eggs with Spinach and Tomato is my new favorite breakfast recipe that I have had the pleasure of partnering with Van's® Foods to create.
In January, we all hit the reset button on our eating. After over-indulging during the holiday season everyone is ready for clean eating and nutritious foods, myself included. This doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor. Meet my new favorite breakfast, Waffles and Soft Scrambled Eggs with Spinach and Tomato. Not only is it a nutritious start to your day, but it’s packed with amazing flavor.
Van's Waffles for Breakfast
I have been a long-time lover of Van's® waffles. They have an amazing line of frozen breakfast items that include organic flavors, gluten free flavors and my new favorite, the Power Grains® Waffle. Power Grains Waffles are sure to fill you up and fuel your whole day. They contain 10-12 grams of protein per serving and 9-11 grams of whole grains per serving. These waffles are made with nutritious grains like cracked red wheat, steel cut oats, millet, and brown rice. I love having something nutritious to grab in the morning and add to our family's regular breakfast routine. Find these waffles at your local grocery store in the frozen food aisle with the other breakfast items. I found these at my local Whole Foods, where they carry a variety of Van's waffles. You can check out their website to see which local grocery store has your favorite flavor.
Van's Foods for Everyday
Van's products are not just limited to breakfast, they also have an extensive snack line as well. All of their products are nutritious and delicious and cater to a variety of needs. Since our family has experienced our share of food sensitivities, this is something I especially love. In addition to their USDA Organic and Certified Gluten Free products, they also have products that are Dairy Free, Egg Free, Corn Free, Nut Free, and Kosher. All of their products are also Non GMO Project Verified and contain No Artificial Flavors. My favorite crackers are The Perfect 10 gluten free crackers. They are baked with oats, brown rice, millet, quinoa, and amaranth and contain 16 grams of whole grains. Honestly, they are some of the best gluten free crackers I have ever had.
Waffles and Soft Scrambled Eggs with Spinach and Tomato
Now, onto this delicious recipe! I eat this for breakfast on the regular, but honestly, it makes for a great lunch too. Here's how to do it:
- Add your waffles to the toaster and start to toast on low.
- While your waffles are toasting, crack your eggs into a bowl and add a couple of pinches of salt. Slightly scramble the eggs to break the yolks and get them ready for cooking.
- Chop your spinach and tomato and set aside. If your waffles have popped up, check to see if they are warm, if not, toast them for another round while you cook the eggs.
- Add your eggs to your pan with the butter and turn the heat onto medium low. Continuously stir with the eggs as they cook, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan so the eggs don't overcook. Remove the eggs from the heat when they are mostly set, but still a bit runny.
- Stir in your chopped spinach and tomatoes and serve on top of your toasted waffles.
See how easy that was? It looks pretty impressive too. You have to try this, It’s going to be your go-to in the morning... afternoon... or whenever!
Soft Scrambled Eggs
Eggs are delicate, so you have to be careful to cook them properly or they will cook too long and become burnt and rubbery. Here are some tips to make sure your soft scrambled eggs come out perfect, every time:
- The key is to cook them low and slow! It may take a bit longer, but trust me, it will be worth it!
- Constantly stir your eggs to make sure they don't sit on the pan too long and burn or overcook.
- There is carry over cooking that happens when making eggs, so make sure you take the eggs off the heat when they are still a bit runny, but set. They will continue cooking a bit afterward.
I hope you enjoyed this delicious recipe that I was able to partner with Van's Foods on. To see more of what they have to offer and where you can buy their products, CLICK HERE.