These soft and rich bakery-style peanut butter cookies are filled with extra peanut butter, making them the Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup of the peanut butter and the powdered sugar. Stir to combine thoroughly until sugar is completely incorporated into the peanut butter and it forms a dough. These will be used in the middle of the peanut butter cookies.
- Divide peanut butter middles mixture into 8 equal pieces, approximately 2 T each and roll into balls. Place peanut butter middles on a plate and put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While peanut butter middles are freezing, combine remaining 1/2 cup of peanut in a mixing bowl with butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Cream together with a hand mixer on medium speed until well combined.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and whisk to combine.
- On low speed, slowly add dry ingredients to butter and sugar mixture until flour mixture is incorporated.
- Divide cookie dough into eight equal pieces, approximately 1/3 cup of dough. Divide each of those pieces into two pieces and shape into flattened discs.
- Remove frozen peanut butter middles from the freezer. Place one of the middles onto one of the flattened discs and use another flattened disc to cover the top. Shape the dough around the peanut butter middles to form a large ball. Repeat with remaining middles and cookie dough.
- Place finished cookie dough balls on a plate and chill in the freezer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove peanut butter cookies from the freezer and place on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 13-15 minutes until edges of the cookie are just turning golden brown.
- Remove cookies from the oven and cool for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 526
Keywords: bakery style, cookie, peanut butter, sweets