This is The BEST Thanksgiving Cranberry Sauce that is made with fresh cranberries and goes perfectly with roast turkey for the holidays.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup apple cider
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 medium orange, zest only
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Combine all of the ingredients into a medium sauce pot and stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat and then reduce to a simmer over medium low heat. Continue to simmer, stirring and mashing the berries occasionally for about 10-12 minutes. Once all of the cranberries have popped and the sauce is reduced down, remove it off of the heat.
- Cool completely in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight for best results.
**Recipe yields approximately 8-10 servings or 2 cups
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 91
Keywords: cranberries, dairy free, gluten free, holidays, vegetarian