Looking for The BEST Thanksgiving Cranberry Sauce? Look no further. This cranberry sauce is made in less than 20 minutes and is full of all the familiar flavors of the holiday season. Our family loves this sweet, yet tart cranberry sauce to go along with our Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce Ingredients
This recipe uses just a few simple ingredients that all can be found at your local grocery store, especially during the holiday season. Here is what you will need:
- Fresh Cranberries
- Apple Cider
- Brown Sugar
- Orange Zest
- Ground Nutmeg
How Do You Make Cranberry Sauce From Scratch?
Making homemade cranberry sauce is very easy. I will warn you though, once you have fresh homemade cranberry sauce, you will never go back to that canned stuff again! Here is how to make cranberry sauce from scratch:
- First, combine all of your ingredients together in a pot on your stovetop and bring it to a boil
- Reduce your heat and let it simmer, stirring occasionally until the cranberries pop and the mixture reduces. This should take about 10 - 12 minutes.
- Lastly, remove from the heat and allow the sauce to cool completely before serving.
After cooking, it's important to let the cranberry sauce cool in the refrigerator. This allows time for the sauce to thicken and also give the flavors more time to infuse together. I recommend letting it cool for at least 2 hours, but overnight is best. This will also make one less thing for you to worry about on Thanksgiving or Christmas day!
I hope you enjoyed this easy homemade cranberry sauce recipe. For more Thanksgiving recipes, check out these ones below:
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash
- Thanksgiving Roast Turkey with Maple Glaze
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Roasted Garlic
- Classic Homemade Pumpkin Pie
Lastly, if you make this recipe for The BEST Cranberry Sauce for Thanksgiving, be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram as well, if you make any of my recipes. It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made. Please make sure you comment below and let me know your favorite. Enjoy!