These fluffy, buttery Strawberry Buttermilk Biscuits are filled with fresh strawberries and perfect for your next weekend brunch or everyday breakfast.
- Preheat cast iron pan in the oven at 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a whisk, stir dry ingredients together thoroughly.
- Add the 6 Tablespoons cold butter pieces to the dry ingredients and using a pastry cutter or fork, cut the butter into the flour mixture until butter pieces are pea sized and incorporated into the dry ingredients well.
- Add in strawberries and toss to combine.
- Lastly, add in buttermilk and vanilla extract and stir carefully with a spoon or rubber spatula so that ingredients are incorporated, but just barely.
- Place the bowl with the biscuits dough in the freezer for 5 minutes while you complete the next step.
- Add the 2 Tablespoons butter to the preheated pan in the oven and put back in until the butter is melted.
- Once butter is melted, remove the pan from the oven and remove the biscuit dough from the freezer.
- Scoop out biscuit dough in 8 equal pieces and put into the preheated cast iron pan with melted butter.
- Place biscuits back into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until biscuits are golden brown.
- Category: Breakfast, Side Dish, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 209
Keywords: biscuit, strawberry, vegetarian