A Rich and creamy white cheese sauce is mixed with elbow macaroni to make the most delicious stovetop macaroni & cheese.
- Cook macaroni noodles according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, melt butter completely. Once butter is melted, sprinkle in flour and whisk to combine. Continue to whisk and cook the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in milk while whisking until milk is completely incorporated and there are no lumps in the sauce.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and continue to cook the sauce, whisking occasionally until sauce thickens about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove sauce from the heat and add in cheeses and spices. Whisk until cheese is completely melted.
- Add cooked elbow macaroni into the cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 492
Keywords: cheese, comfort food, dinner, easy, kid friendly, lunch, macaroni, pasta, quick, side dish, vegetarian