What are your New Years resolutions?
Don’t forget, if you make one of my recipes, make sure you share a picture of it with me!
You can post and tag me, I’d love to see all of your creations! #SaporitoKitchen
Pinterest: Saporito Kitchen
Facebook: Saporito Kitchen
Spinach Salad with Pear & Pomegranate
- 2 oz chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 oz baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 medium red anjou pear, cored and sliced
- 2 oz gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 recipe candied pecans
Vanilla Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 Tablespoon vanilla balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cherry pomegranate juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine chopped pecans, butter and sugar in a small pan over medium heat. Cook while stirring continuously until sugar is caramelized and pecans are slightly browned. This should take about 6-8 minutes. Watch carefully though, they will burn easily.
- In a salad bowl, layer 1/3 of the spinach, with a 1/3 of the sliced pear, gorgonzola cheese, pomegranate seeds and candied pecans. Repeat with remaining layers and serve with Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- In a mason jar, combine vinegar, oil, juice, salt & pepper. Place lid on tightly and shake vigorously until well combined. You can also place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 1 minute until dressing is combined. Serve with spinach salad.