Fourth of July is just around the corner and I wanted to make sure I posted this recipe just in time. This decadent S’mores Chocolate Cheesecake is rich, chocolatey and topped with toasted fluffy marshmallows. It’s the perfect Summer dessert and would make a great addition for all of your Fourth of July celebrations.
I feel like S’mores are the ultimate Summer dessert so I just had to make this recipe as an ode to the classic. There is something special about the combination of creamy chocolate, toasted marshmallows, and crunchy graham crackers. It reminds me of everything Summer. Pool days, late Summer nights, bonfires and hanging out with family and friends.
This dessert is a nice make ahead recipe that works well for bringing to a get-together or if you are having guests over to your home. When it comes to the Fourth of July, we love spending time outside, going to parades and watching fireworks. The last thing I want to be doing is spending a ton of time cooking and baking. You can make the cheesecake the day before, then last minute, add the marshmallows to the top and toast them. Making this ahead of time allows for a stress-free party and more time having fun!
S'mores Chocolate Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large whole eggs
- 6 Tablespoons whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 bag jumbo marshmallows
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9" springform pan.
- Place graham crackers and 1/3 c. sugar in a food processor and pulse until crackers have turned into crumbs. Add in melted butter and continue to pulse until mixture just comes together.
- Press graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the prepared springform pan to form an even crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until the edges just start to turn brown. Completely cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and 1 cup sugar and beat with hand mixer until combined. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating after adding each. Scrape the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is being incorporated.
- Once eggs are incorporated, add milk, lemon juice, and vanilla and beat to combine. Sift in cocoa powder while continuing to mix until well combined, scraping the bowl as necessary.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the springform pan on top of the graham cracker crust and bake for 35-40 minutes until cheesecake is set. Cool completely in the refrigerator.
- Once the cheesecake has cooled, top with marshmallows and toast the tops of the marshmallows with a torch or broil in oven for 2-3 minutes. If using the oven, watch carefully so the marshmallows don't burn.
If you make any of my recipes, remember to snap a pic, tag it with #SaporitoKitchen and share it on social media.
I love seeing all of your creations!
Facebook: Saporito Kitchen
Pinterest: Saporito Kitchen
Pin This Recipe Now!