Easy and delicious, this slightly spicy Slow Cooker Jalapeno Pulled Chicken is great for make-ahead meal planning.
- 1 5-6 lb whole chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium yellow onion (sliced)
- 1-2 large jalapenos (seeded and diced)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse chicken under water and pat dry. Break down the whole chicken into 6 pieces consisting of (2) breasts, (2) wings and (2) legs. Save carcass to make stock or discard.
- Place chicken broth and sliced onions at the bottom of the slow cooker and add chicken pieces on top. Add in jalapenos and remaining spices over the top of the chicken
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours until chicken is tender and is falling off the bone.
- Remove skin and bones from the chicken and discard. Strain broth from the chicken and save for later use, leaving jalapenos and onions with the chicken.
- Using two forks, pull apart the meat until chicken is completely shredded.
Recipe will yield approximately 5-6 cups of shredded chicken & 2-3 cups of chicken broth depending on how "meaty' the chicken is.
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
- Calories: 320
Keywords: batch cooking, chicken, easy, gluten free, jalapeno, make ahead, meal planning, shredded, slow cooker