Simple Sunday pot roast dinner is an easy one skillet meal that is perfect for Sunday dinner, the holidays, or even a cozy evening at home.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pound beef chuck roast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds baby yellow potatoes
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- ½ cup beef broth
- Preheat oven to 300° and heat a 15" cast iron skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat on the stovetop with olive oil.
- Season beef roast with salt and pepper and then sear the roast in the heated pan for 2-3 minutes on each side till browned.
- Remove pan from the heat and add potatoes, carrots, and onions to it around the beef.
- Sprinkle the package of dry onion soup mix over the beef and pour the beef broth on the vegetables.
- Cover the pan completely with a lid or foil and place in the preheated oven for 3 - 3 ½ hours till fork tender. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: beef, comfort food, holidays, pot roast, sunday dinner