Simple Summer Panzanella is a quick and tasty Italian side dish filled with sourdough bread, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and red onion.
- 1 10 oz loaf stale sourdough bread (cut in 1" cubes )
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese balls
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- ¼ medium red onion (sliced thinly)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 large pinch kosher salt
- 1 small pinch black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, mozzarella cheese balls, chopped tomato and sliced red onion.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. This will be your dressing for the panzanella.
- Pour dressing over bread, cheese, tomatoes and onions and toss with a large serving spoon to make sure everything is evenly dressed.
- Bread can be cut in 1" cubes and left to dry out 1-2 hours to become stale.
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 236
Keywords: bread, tomatoes