These Rustic Chive & White Cheddar Biscuits are flaky and filled with buttery layers. The perfect addition to Sunday brunch or a tasty substitute for dinner rolls!
- 1 ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter (cold and cut in small pieces)
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- ½ cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine. Add in cold butter pieces and using a pastry cutter or fork, cut the butter into the flour until they are the size of peas.
- Add in milk, cheese, and chives. Then using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, gently mix everything together until it starts to form a ball of dough.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface and lightly knead the dough, folding it over onto itself about 4-6 times until the dough isn't sticking anymore and keeps it's shape. Shape the dough roughly into a rectangle and using a knife or pastry cutter, cut dough into 8 rectangles.
- Place cut biscuits onto prepared sheet pan and place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove biscuits from the freezer and place in preheated oven. Bake for approximately 15 minutes until biscuits have risen and are golden brown.
- Category: Breakfast, Side Dish, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 213
Keywords: biscuits, cheese, chives, vegetarian