This easy rotini pasta recipe is made in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for a quick dinner for the family. This one pot dish is made with Italian sausage, grape tomatoes, and fresh basil for a delicious and filling meal that everyone is sure to love.
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground sweet italian sausage, chicken or pork
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 10-12 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Bring a large pot with 4 quarts of water to boil over medium high heat on the stove top.
- Once the water boils, add in salt and rotini pasta and stir to combine. Cook pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Return the same pot back to the stovetop and reduce the heat to medium. Add olive oil and Italian sausage and cook until the sausage is just browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in grape tomatoes and minced garlic and cook another 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes start to burst.
- Add fresh basil and cooked pasta and toss to combine.
- Serve with extra fresh basil or parmesan cheese if desired.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: rotini pasta, italian sausage, grape tomatoes, easy dinner