This delicious, earthy, vegan pasta is gluten-free and filled with roasted eggplant, fresh spinach and finished off with marinara.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, foil or silicone liner.
- Cut eggplant into approximately 1" cubes and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle eggplant with 2 Tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper & oregano.
- Roast eggplant in the oven for 30 minutes until tender and set aside.
- In a medium pot, cook pasta according to package instructions, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water after cooking.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat add olive oil, roasted eggplant and baby spinach. Saute until baby spinach is just wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in marinara sauce and reserved pasta water and simmer for 2 minutes to heat the sauce through.
- Stir in cooked pasta and toss with the sauce to combine everything thoroughly.
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 397
Keywords: eggplant, gluten free, pasta, penne, roasted, spinach, vegan, vegetarian