Roasted chicken broccoli alfredo is the perfect easy weeknight meal. Cook your favorite pasta with fresh broccoli florets and toss them with rotisserie chicken, alfredo sauce, and lots of cheese! For a quick overview of this recipe, check out my web story for this easy chicken alfredo with broccoli!
I'm a huge fan of easy and delicious kitchen shortcuts. I love to make things homemade and from scratch, but sometimes time just doesn't allow for it. One of my favorite dinner time shortcuts is a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. They are great to bring home for the main dish or break down and use in soup, pasta, or other dishes. This dish can be made using a rotisserie chicken for a quick but hearty delicious homemade dinner.
🍝 Ingredients notes
- Chicken - I like using a rotisserie chicken to make this dinner easy. However, if you want to cook chicken breast and chop it up, you can do that.
- Broccoli - Use fresh broccoli florets for this recipe as it will hold up best. If you want to use frozen broccoli florets you can, however I would cook the pasta for 10-12 minutes, adding the broccoli just for 30 seconds to a minute to defrost it.
- Alfredo - I like making my homemade alfredo sauce for this recipe. I usually make it while the pasta is cooking because it's quick. You can also use your favorite jarred alfredo sauce.
🔪 Step by step instructions
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. When the water starts to boil, add salt and pasta. Cook for 7 minutes and then add the broccoli florets. Cook an additional 3-5 minutes until broccoli is bright green and pasta is al dente.
Drain pasta and broccoli completely and put into a buttered baking dish with the alfredo.
Add chicken, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
Bake at 350˚ for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
⭐ Top tip
Don't rinse your broccoli or pasta after you have cooked and drained it, it will help make sure the sauce sticks well to the pasta.
Roasted Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- Preheat oven to 350˚ and grease a 9x13 baking dish with butter or baking spray.
- Fill a large pot with 4 quarts of water and heat over medium-high heat. Once the water comes to a boil stir in 1 Tablespoon of salt.
- Add pasta to the water and cook for 7 minutes. Add broccoli florets to the pasta and water and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until pasta is al dente and broccoli is bright green.
- When pasta and broccoli are done cooking, dump into a strainer to drain the water completely.
- Place cooked pasta into the prepared baking dish. Add rotisserie chicken, alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese and stir to combine everything together.
- Bake pasta in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Different meat - Substitute the chicken for cooked sausage or steak
- Gluten free - Use a gluten free pasta and gluten free alfredo sauce
🥘 Alternative cooking methods
- Stovetop - Instead of baking this in the oven, return the pasta and broccoli back to the pot and add in chicken, alfredo and cheese. Cook on low, while stirring till cheese is melted.
💭 Frequently asked questions
The only real way to tell when pasta is cooked to al dente is to taste it. The pasta should be cooked through, but have a little bit of a bite to it. It should not be hard or chewy.
Since chicken alfredo is a pretty hearty dish, it's best to serve it with a lighter sides dish like vegetables or salad.
🍝 More pasta recipes
If you loved this recipe for this chicken and broccoli alfredo pasta, check out these other tasty pasta recipes.
Don't forget! If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Tag me on Facebook and Instagram as well! It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.