This easy pepperoncini dip is creamy, tangy and slightly spicy. It is best served with the homemade bagel chips, your favorite crackers or even fresh vegetables and takes just 5 minutes to prepare!
This post was originally published in October 2019 and has been updated for content.
This easy appetizer is the perfect addition to your party spread or an easy dish to bring to your next potluck. The flavor is unique, but tasty and the homemade bagel chips are to die for. They are crispy, chewy and perfectly flavored with oregano and garlic.
🥯 Ingredients notes
- Cream Cheese - Soften your cream cheese to room temperature before making this dip. This will make it easier to mix with the peppers and seasonings and make a smoother dip. I also suggest using block cream cheese instead of whipped cream cheese. You can use the whipped cream cheese, but the dip will be a bit looser.
- Pepperoncini Peppers - If you can find already sliced jarred pepperoncini peppers, that will make things easier. You can also slice whole jarred pepperoncini peppers if that is all you can find.
- Bagels - I prefer using plain bagels for these bagel chips. For extra flavor and texture, try onion or everything bagels instead.
🔪 Step by step instructions
First, combine all of the ingredients for the dip, except for the salt and pepper, in a mixing bowl.
Mix together the ingredients thoroughly so that the seasonings and pepper are evenly combined with the cream cheese. Taste the dip and add salt and pepper as desired. Place the dip in your serving container and allow to chill in the fridge while you make your bagel chips.
Split your bagels in half and cut the halves in one inch pieces.
Place bagel pieces in a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
Lay the seasoned bagel pieces out on a sheet pan that has been lined with parchment paper or foil. Bake in a 350˚ oven for about 15 minutes, tossing the pieces halfway through. This will make sure they are all evenly browned and crispy.
Serve chilled dip with cooled bagel chips, crackers or fresh vegetables.
⭐ Top tip
Soften your cream cheese! This will make it easy to mix the dip and ensures the flavors are well incorporated. Leave your cream cheese out on the counter to allow it to come to room temperature. You can also warm it up in the microwave at half-power if you're in a time crunch, just make sure it doesn't melt!
🍽 What to serve with this
- Cast Iron Pizza
- Braciole with Marinara
- Easy Slow Cooker Minestrone
- Grilled Italian Zucchini with Lemon
- Polenta Cakes with Tomato Bacon Jam
- Italian Salmon
🧀 More easy appetizer recipes
If you loved this recipe for pepperoncini dip, check out these other easy appetizers that I know you will also love.
- Whipped Ricotta with Lemon
- Puff Pastry Squares with Sundried Tomato
- Loaded Chips with Bacon and Blue Cheese
Don't forget! If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Tag me on Facebook and Instagram as well! It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.Print