Tips for Making Overnight Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing:
- The secret to light and fluffy cinnamon rolls is a soft dough. Make sure you don't add too much flour and don't over-knead the dough. I prefer to knead my dough half in the mixer and half by hand to make sure I can get a good feel for the dough. It should be soft and pillowy, but still smooth and elastic.
- To ensure the rolls are cooked all the way through, make sure you take them out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before baking. This is a great time to preheat your oven!
- Let the cinnamon rolls cool for at least 15 minutes after baking before you spread the icing on them. If you don't allow them to cool a little bit, the icing will melt and won't stick on the rolls very well. Don't worry, they will still be warm & gooey!
- Feel free to add nuts or raisins after topping the dough with butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. Either or both would be a great addition!
- These can be made all in the same day if you like. Instead of putting them in the fridge, cover them and place them in a warm spot for about an hour or until doubled in size.
If you make any of my recipes, remember to snap a pic, tag it with #SaporitoKitchen and share it on social media.
I love seeing all of your creations!
Facebook: Saporito Kitchen
Pinterest: Saporito Kitchen
Pin This Recipe Now!