Overnight Baked Blueberry French Toast is the perfect thing to wake up to. Filled with sweet blueberries and topped with a sweet lemon frosting!
- unsalted butter (for greasing baking dish)
- 1 lb challah bread
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 8 large whole eggs
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 whole lemon (juice only)
- Grease 9"x13" baking dish or casserole dish with butter and set aside.
- Cut up challah bread into 1" cubes and leave out to dry for a minimum of two hours or all day for best results.
- Combine cut up bread and blueberries in the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, half and half, cinnamon and salt. Wisk to combine thoroughly and then pour over bread and blueberries. Press the pieces of bread down into the liquid so all pieces have a chance to absorb the liquid.
- Cover the dish in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for a minimum of two hours or overnight for the best results.
- When ready to bake, remove the dish from the refrigerator and remove plastic wrap. Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, sugar, cinnamon, and salt and stir till all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Drop by pieces over the top of the bread and blueberry mixture.
- Bake the blueberry french toast in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes until the top is golden brown and the middle is no longer jiggly.
- Remove the french toast from the oven and while it's resting, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir to combine and drizzle over french toast.
Recipe serves 8-10 guests
- Category: Breakfast, Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 441
Keywords: blueberries, french toast, vegetarian