Fluffy and delicious these pancakes are the perfect addition to any breakfast table!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 large whole egg
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter (melted & cooled)
- unsalted butter (extra for greasing pan or griddle)
- Preheat saute pan or griddle to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk, egg, and butter and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together until no lumps remain.
- Grease pan or griddle and pour batter onto the pan or griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup of the batter per pancake. Cook for 45 - 60 seconds until bubbles start to form and pop and underside is golden brown. Flip pancakes over and cook an additional 30 seconds until the other side is browned as well. Repeat with remaining batter until all pancakes have been cooked.
- Category: Breakfast, Main Course, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 208
Keywords: breakfast, brunch, buttermilk, easy, homemade, old fashioned, pancakes