These Maple Pecan Sweet Potatoes are to die for and a cinch to put together. Sweetened with maple syrup and topped with brown sugar and pecans.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Brown Sugar Pecan Topping
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ½ stick unsalted butter (softened)
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop them into 1" cubes.
- Steam sweet potatoes in a steamer basket on the stovetop or in an instant pot. (SEE NOTE)
- While sweet potatoes are steaming, preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place steamed sweet potatoes in a large bowl with the half and half and maple syrup. Mash sweet potatoes with a potato masher until the desired consistency is reached.
- Add ground cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and salt and stir to make sure everything is well incorporated.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans, and butter and stir together until well mixed.
- Place mashed sweet potatoes in an oven-safe dish and top with the brown sugar and pecan topping.
- Bake sweet potatoes in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or just heated through and brown on the top.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 347
Keywords: gluten free, holidays, maple, sweet potatoes, vegetarian