Sweet Medjool dates are stuffed with buttery manchego cheese and then wrapped in a thick slice of applewood smoked bacon. These sweet and salty bites are roasted in the oven till crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside for a super easy appetizer!
- 2 oz manchego cheese
- 16 seedless medjool dates
- 8 strips thick-sliced applewood smoked bacon
- honey for dipping, optional
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut manchego cheese into 16 long, thin rectangles, to fit inside of the dates, approximately ¼" - ½" wide and about 1 - 1½" long.
- Place one piece of the cheese inside of each date.
- Cut bacon in half for 16 total pieces. Wrap one of the halved bacon slices tightly around each date. Stick a toothpick through the middle of the date to secure the bacon.
- Place the wrapped dates on the prepared baking sheet and place in preheated oven to cook for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with honey drizzled on top or on the side for dipping, if desired.
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, Spanish
Keywords: bacon, manchego cheese, dates, gluten free, holidays, easy appetizer