These Manchego Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates are a holiday appetizer favorite. Sweet Medjool dates are stuffed with buttery Manchego cheese and wrapped in thick-sliced applewood smoked bacon.
- 16 medjool dates
- 2 oz manchego cheese
- 8 strips thick-sliced applewood smoked bacon (cut in half)
- honey (for dipping (optional))
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove pits from dates, if not already pitted, and set aside.
- Cut manchego cheese into long, thin rectangles, to fit inside of the dates, approximately ¼" - ½" wide and about 1 - 1½" long.
- Wrap one of the halved bacon sliced tightly around each date. Stick a toothpick through the middle of the date to secure the bacon around it.
- Place the wrapped dates on the prepared baking sheet and place in preheated oven to cook for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with honey drizzled on top or on the side for dipping (optional).
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Cuisine: American, Spanish
- Calories: 332
Keywords: bacon, cheese, dates, gluten free, holidays