This delicious scampi dinner can be made in just 20 minutes and is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner idea. Fresh jumbo scallops and shrimp are roasted in the oven and tossed with delicate angel hair pasta with a garlicky lemon butter sauce.
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 stick butter
- 1 pound jumbo scallops, raw
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, raw (deveined, with tail and shell removed)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1 Tablespoon for pasta water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- Turn oven onto broil and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Fill a large pot with 4 quarts of water and heat on high on the stovetop.
- Mince the garlic, then zest and juice the lemon.
- Combine minced garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a small pot over low heat.
- Pat the shrimp and scallops dry with a paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible and then place them on the prepared sheet pan. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- When the water boils, reduce the heat to medium-high, add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of salt to the water and add the angel hair pasta.
- Place the shrimp and scallops in the oven under the broiler in the oven while the pasta cooks.
- When the angel hair pasta is al dente (about 4 minutes), drain the water from the pasta and return the pasta to the pot off of the heat or into a serving dish.
- Remove the shrimp and scallops from the oven when they are done cooking. They will take about 5-7 minutes so they will be done shortly after the pasta. The shrimp should no longer be translucent on the back and have a pink/orange color on the sides. The scallops will no longer be translucent either and be slightly firm when you touch them.
- Add the shrimp and scallops to the cooked angel hair pasta and then pour the lemon butter and garlic sauce over the top. Toss to combine and serve.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: stove top, oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: scampi, pasta, shrimp, scallops, Italian