This easy and delicious Italian salmon is full of fresh flavors. Salmon filets are roasted in the oven with tomatoes and garlic and finished off with fresh basil. This recipe is done in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or an effortless holiday meal. For a quick overview of this recipe, check out my web story for this Italian roasted salmon recipe.
Our family loves salmon for dinner, especially the kids! Salmon has so many health benefits to it and we love to make it a regular part of our dinner rotation. Not only is the dish easy to put together, but it's light and fresh. We love making this during summer using our garden tomatoes and basil. This also makes a great dish for the feast of the seven fishes during Christmas, especially with the colors!
🐟 Ingredient notes
- Salmon - This can be either made with a large filet of salmon or pre-portioned salmon filets. If you are using a larger filet, cooking times may take a bit longer. I always try to get wild-caught salmon from the grocery store if available. It's typically leaner and can be a rich source of minerals and vitamins. Wild-caught salmon is not as easy to find and can be more expensive. If I am only able to find farm-raised salmon, I try to make sure it is at least sourced responsibly.
- Tomatoes - Either grape or cherry tomatoes will work for this recipe. You can also use on the vine tomatoes and cut them up into smaller pieces so they roast easily.
- Basil - I always like using fresh basil for this type of dish because it adds a bit of freshness along with flavor. If you are unable to get fresh, dried basil may be used. I recommend using 1 Tablespoon of dried basil and sprinkling it on the salmon prior to roasting it. This will allow the basil to have more time to release its flavor into the dish during cooking.
🔪 Step by step instructions
First lay salmon on a sheet pan and place the tomatoes around it.
Next, drizzle the olive oil on the tomatoes and salmon and sprinkle them both with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle the freshly minced garlic on the salmon and tomatoes.
Roast salmon and tomatoes in a 400˚ oven for 15-20 minutes for pre-portioned filets or 20-25 minutes if using one large filet.
Sprinkle salmon and tomatoes with fresh basil.
Serve salmon topped with roasted tomatoes on fresh spring mix or alongside your favorite side dish.
⭐ Top tip
Use a kitchen thermometer to check the internal temperature of the salmon to prevent over cooking. Salmon should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145˚.Print
🥗 Suggested side dishes
- Simple Summer Panzanella
- Creamy Mushroom Risotto
- Melon and Prosciutto Caprese Salad
- Italian Seafood Salad
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Homemade Spinach Fettuccine
- Baked Asparagus
♨️ Alternative cooking methods
- Grill - This dish can be cooked on the grill. I recommend using grill mats to help make sure the fish doesn't stick to the grates or fall through. Cooking times will be closer to 10-15 minutes for pre-portioned filets and 15-20 minutes for one large filet.
🥘 More quick dinner recipes
If you loved this recipe for Italian Salmon, check out these other tasty dinner recipes that can made in 30 minutes or less!
Don't forget! If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Tag me on Facebook and Instagram as well! It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.