These Italian Flatbread Pizzas are topped with sliced pears, genoa salami and drizzled with balsamic reduction. Great for appetizers or pizza night!
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup warm water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 Tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tablespoons shredded asiago cheese
- 2 ounces Margherita genoa salami slices
- ½ medium pear (sliced thin)
- Bring balsamic vinegar and honey to a boil in a saucepan on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes until liquid is reduced by half and becomes syrupy. While the mixture is reducing, start your dough.
- To make the pizza dough, combine flour, water, 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil and the salt in a food processor. Pulse until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead for a couple of minutes until the dough completely comes together. Rest the dough on the counter while you prepare your toppings and preheat the oven.
- While the dough is resting, preheat the oven to 500° and sprinkle the cornmeal onto two baking sheets. Check on the balsamic reduction and remove it from the heat if it has reduced properly and let it cool completely.
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces and roll each piece out thinly into a long oval shape. Place each piece onto the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with the remaining olive oil.
- Sprinkle the tops of each pizza evenly with both types of cheese. Add 3-4 slices of pear and 2-3 slices of salami to each pizza.
- Bake pizzas in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes until the edges are lightly browned and crispy. Drizzle each pizza with balsamic reduction before serving.
Pizzas can be cooked on a pizza stone instead of a baking sheet. Preheat the pizza stone in the oven while the oven is preheating. Cook time will be reduced to 3-4 minutes if a pizza stone is used.
- Category: Appetizer, Main Course, Snack
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Calories: 486