These Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Roasted Garlic are not only creamy but packed full of delicious flavors. This is the best mashed potato recipe that is easy enough to make for a weeknight dinner but elegant enough to be on the holiday dinner table.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice the top of a head of garlic off, just enough to expose the cloves and place on a piece of aluminum foil that is large enough to wrap around the entire head.
- Drizzle the exposed cloves with olive oil and wrap the head tightly with the foil.
- Place foil wrapped garlic in a shallow baking dish and roast in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the cloves are soft and golden brown.
- While garlic is roasting, cut potatoes into 2" cubes and place inside the pot of the instant pot with the water. Place the lid on and lock it in place, making sure the pressure valve is set to "seal".
- Cook potatoes on high pressure for 15 minutes and then quick release the pressure. To quick release, carefully turn the pressure valve to the venting position, remembering to keep your hand out of the way of where the steam is released. Once the steam is completely released, remove the lid and keep on warm while you finish preparing the roasted garlic.
- Remove garlic from the foil after it's done roasting and squeeze out the roasted cloves. Garlic cloves may need to cool a bit before doing this. Add roasted garlic cloves into the instant pot with the cooked potatoes.
- Add in sour cream, butter, salt and pepper and mash potatoes until all ingredients are combined and you reach the desired consistency.
**Roasted garlic can be made ahead of time. It will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
**Instant Pot will take approximately 10-15 minutes to come to pressure and 5-10 minutes for it to fully release the pressure. Times may vary depending on different models.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 207
Keywords: garlic, gluten free, instant pot, potato, vegetarian