This homemade Italian soda recipe is perfect for a fun fizzy drink that both kids and adults will enjoy. Homemade fresh fruit simple syrups are combined with club soda and topped off with cream for a deliciously refreshing treat!
Lemon Simple Syrup (yields approximately 3 cups)
- 2 ½ cups water
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, approximately 3 lemons
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest, approximately 3 lemons
Orange Simple Syrup (yields approximately 4 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 2 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice, approximately 3 large oranges
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest, approximately 3 large oranges
Strawberry Simple Syrup (yields approximately 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups chopped strawberries, approximately 1 pound
Italian Cream Sodas
- club soda
- heavy cream
Fresh Fruit Simple Syrup
- Combine ingredients for the preferred flavor of simple syrup in a medium pot and stir to combine.
- Heat on the stove top over medium high heat until the mixture just starts to boil. Reduce heat to medium low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain fruit or zest from the syrup and allow it to cool in the refrigerator completely.
- Fill a tall glass halfway with ice and pour approximately 1/4 cup of the flavored simple syrup on top of it.
- Add about 1/2 cup of club soda and top with 1/4 cup heavy cream.
- Stir with a straw or spoon to combine and serve.
- Quantities for simple syrup, club soda, and heavy cream can be adjusted based on preferences.
- Category: Dessert, Drinks
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: orange, lemon, strawberry, simple syrup, italian soda, italian cream soda, mocktail, non-alcoholic drink