Hash Brown Quiche with Pancetta has a crispy crust and delicious flavor! It's the perfect addition to any holiday breakfast or Sunday brunch.
- ¼ pound thick sliced pancetta (diced small)
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups uncooked shredded hash browns (**see note below )
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 large scallions (sliced thinly)
- Preheat oven to 375° and heat a 10" cast iron skillet or oven safe sauté pan over medium heat on the stove top.
- Add pancetta to the heated skillet or sauté pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until pieces are browned and crispy, approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove cooked pancetta with a slotted spoon and allow to drain on a paper towel, leaving the grease in the pan.
- Add butter to the grease in the pan and allow to melt. Once melted, add uncooked hash browns, spreading them evenly over the bottom of the pan and up the sides to form the crust.
- Allow the hash browns to cook in the pan for 5-10 minutes until you can see them starting to brown on the bottom and/or sides. Remove off of the heat.
- Crack eggs into a medium sized bowl and add milk. Mix thoroughly with a whisk or fork until yolks are broken and eggs are mixed well with the milk. Add in cooked pancetta pieces, cheddar cheese, and sliced scallions and mix thoroughly.
- Pour prepared egg mixture into cooked pan with hash brown crust. Place pan in pre-heated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through and no longer jiggly and slightly browned on top. Remove from oven, slice and serve.
**Either dehydrated or frozen hash browns may be used. If using frozen hash browns, they need to be thawed and as much water drained from them as possible.
- Category: Breakfast, Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 379
Keywords: cheese, eggs, potatoes