Here we are, day #2 of my recipe blitz for October, National Apple Month! Today I’m going to share with you a fun party idea you can do this Halloween with the kids. I saw a version of this idea done on one of my favorite show’s on The Food Network. This Halloween Apple Dippers Bar is a great idea to let your kids be creative and have fun, all while making a sweet treat!
This time of year my kids (and me too!) love getting and eating caramel apples. They love all the fun topping varieties and always want to make them at home. I have to admit though, I usually don’t like to do them because they seem like such a mess.
If you saw on my Instagram a couple of weeks ago, my sister invited us over to her house for a fun Fall/Halloween party. She is doing her residency right now as a pediatrician and is super busy, So when she has time off we like to get together for parties! I told her I would bring a dessert and thought of doing caramel apples. I thought it would be fun for the kids to pick their own toppings for the apples, but I was worried about a huge mess. Then, I remembered an episode of The Kitchen that I saw recently where they cut up the apples and put them on sticks to dip them. This seemed much more doable! I decided to get white chocolate, milk chocolate, and caramel for the dips. Then I got different toppings so the kids could make their own combinations.
Doing it this way worked out so well, because we could try a bunch of different combinations without committing to a whole apple. I put the sauces in mason jars and then used bamboo skewers to poke into the apples. Putting the apple slices on skewers also made it really easy for the kids to dip and eat. It turned out really well and didn’t make too big of a mess! Picking out the different toppings is the best too, because you can get some really fun flavor combinations. Chocolate, crushed graham crackers, and marshmallows; white chocolate, crushed peanuts, and coconut; caramel, toffee, and chocolate. The possibilities are endless!
What’s your favorite apple toppings?
If you make this recipe, make sure you share a photo with me, I’d love to see all of your creations! #SaporitoKitchen
Pinterest: Saporito Kitchen
Facebook: Saporito Kitchen
Halloween Apple Dippers Bar
- 1 bag caramel bits
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 green apples
- 4 red apples
- crushed peanuts
- crushed graham crackers
- mini marshmallows
- shredded coconut flakes
- crushed toffee bits
- mini M&M candies
- Halloween sprinkles
- candy corn mix
- 64 bamboo skewers
- In a small saucepan, combine caramel bits and 1/3 cup heavy cream over medium heat. Stir occasionally while caramel bits melt and combine with heavy cream. Once all the bits are melted and combined with the cream, remove from heat and pour into serving container.
- Repeat the first step with milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips so you have three separate sauces for dipping.
- Place each of the toppings into shallow bowls, plates or containers.
- Core and slice all of the apples into 8 pieces each and place on bamboo skewers.
- Let guests dip apples in different sauces and top with their favorite candy toppings!