Ground Turkey Enchiladas are made with homemade sauce and filled with turkey, black beans and jalapeno. They are gluten-free with a dairy-free option too!
Ground Turkey Enchiladas
Today I’m sharing with you one of my other favorite enchilada recipes. I love my Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas, but sometimes I’m looking for something a little lighter and a little bit healthier. These enchiladas are made with corn tortillas and their sauce is thickened with cornstarch instead of flour, which makes these a wonderful gluten-free option for dinner. The queso fresco is also optional and can just be served on the side, allowing for these to be dairy-free as well.
How To Make Ground Turkey Enchiladas
Homemade Red Sauce
- Saute your onions and jalapenos and then add in your spices.
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and broth and stir to combine.
- Thicken your sauce with cornstarch & water and season with salt & pepper.
Ground Turkey Enchilada Filling
- Saute ground turkey with onions, jalapenos, and spices.
- Add in your black beans and you’re ready to assemble
How to Assemble Enchiladas
- Place a small amount of sauce in your baking pan so the enchiladas don’t stick
- Dip tortillas in sauce and then fill with ground turkey & black bean filling.
- Roll up and place seam side down in the baking pan. This will help so they don’t unroll.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and bake!
Turkey Enchiladas with Black Beans
Want to make these ahead of time? Not a problem, you have a couple of options. You can make the sauce and the filling ahead of time and store them in the fridge for up to 2 days prior to assembly and cooking. You can also make everything and assemble these enchiladas and store them in the fridge for up to 1 day prior to cooking. These enchiladas also freeze well too. Tightly wrap the pan with the prepared enchiladas in them and then store them for up to 2 months in the freezer. Once you are ready to make these, make sure to defrost them completely before cooking.Print
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @SaporitoKitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #SaporitoKitchen
Make sure you comment below and let me know if you tried this recipe and how you liked it!