These juicy grilled pork chops are thick cut and served smothered in a tangy alabama white sauce. This easy recipe takes just 10 minutes to prep and under 15 minutes to cook making this perfect for a fast weeknight dinner or ultimate summer cookout!
This post was originally published in August 2019 and has been updated for content.
One of my favorite things to cook on the grill is pork chops. They hold up well and are easy to make. These perfectly tender pork chops are served with an alabama style white bbq sauce. It's a tangy and delicious dipping sauce to serve with these juicy thick cut pork chops.
🥩 Ingredient notes
- Pork chops - I prefer using thick cut bone in pork chops for grilling. They hold up really well on the grill and stay tender and juicy. Boneless pork chops or thinner cuts may be used, however cooking times will be shorter.
- Alabama white sauce - Also known as white bbq sauce, this mayonnaise based barbecue sauce originated in northern Alabama. It's a little bit sweet, tangy, and goes excellent on pork or chicken.
- Traditional BBQ - Not a fan of Alabama white sauce? Slather these pork chops in your favorite traditional barbecue sauce the last couple of minutes of cooking on the grill.
- Spicy - A one Tablespoon of hot sauce to your alabama white sauce instead of a teaspoon for a spicier white bbq sauce.
🔪 Step by step instructions
While your grill is preheating, combine all of the ingredients for the alabama white sauce in a bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until they are smooth and set the sauce aside.
Brush the pork chops with oil and season them with salt and pepper. Grill the pork chops for 4-6 minutes on each side until the internal temperature reads a minimum of 145˚.
Remove the chops off the grill and let rest them rest for 10 minutes. Serve drizzled with the white bbq sauce or on the side.
⭐ Expert tips
- Use a kitchen thermometer to check your meat when grilling. This will help to ensure you don't overcook your pork chops and become dry. Pork should be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 145˚.
- Bring your pork chops to room temperature before grilling. It will help to make sure they are evenly cooked and don't burn on the outside.
🥘 Alternative cooking methods
If cooking outside on the grill is not an option, these pork chops can be cooked inside on a grill pan or in a cast iron skillet. Preheat the pan on the stovetop on medium high heat and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked to an internal temperature of 145˚.
🥡 Storage suggestions
Alabama white sauce will keep in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days and can be made ahead of time if needed.
The pork chops will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days. The best way to reheat grilled pork chops is in the oven. Place them in a baking dish with a couple tablespoons of chicken broth and cover them with foil. Heat in at 350˚oven for about 10-15 minutes until heated through.
♨️ More grilling recipes
If you loved this recipe for grilled pork chops, check out these other grilling recipes that I know you will love too!
Don't forget! If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and give it a rating. I love to hear from each and every one of you! Tag me on Facebook and Instagram as well! It makes my day to see all of your photos of the food you have made.Print