Sweet & juicy grilled fresh peaches with honey whipped mascarpone cheese and chopped pistachios. The perfect summer dessert or brunch dish!
Labor Day has come and gone and Summer is slowly coming to a close. It’s still very hot here in Utah, so I’m taking full advantage of the nice weather and cooking on the grill as much as possible. I hate heating up the house in the Summer, so the grill makes for a great option. Honestly, I have been grilling anything and everything I can get my hands on. Nothing tastes more like Summer, than food on the grill.
This particular recipe is inspired by a particular Summer dinner that we shared with my husband’s grandparents at their house in Illinois. Gram & Papa finished off the dinner by grilling peaches & plums for dessert. On the side, they served the fruit with sweetened ricotta. It was such a simple dessert, but so perfect for the end of a meal. Especially on a hot summer day. To this day, my husband still talks about how good it was. I have been meaning to make it for him, so I decided I better get to it before Summer was over.
Before we moved to Utah, everyone told us how great Utah peaches were. They really are amazing! Right now, peaches are slowly coming to the end of their season, just like Summer. I have been snatching these up any chance I get and trying to come up with different ways to use them.
Grilling any sort of food brings a certain smokiness to it. It’s a unique flavor that makes food taste completely different than if it was baked, fried or even sauteed. Fruit will naturally caramelize when grilled due to the amount of sugar in it. Combined with the smoky grill flavor and fresh fruit flavor, these peaches have such a unique and intense flavor.
Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone
Mascarpone cheese is also one of my favorite cheeses. It’s an Italian cream cheese that has a rich, almost buttery, flavor. It’s great because it can be used in both sweet or savory dishes. I thought that sweetened with a little bit of honey and topped with the salty pistachios would balance the flavor of the grilled peach perfectly.
I think the best part about Grilled Peaches with Honey Whipped Mascarpone, is that it takes no time at all. When it’s hot out or if you have been out having a bunch of Summer fun, the last thing you want to do is spend all day making food, let alone dessert. This is also a great dessert to serve if you’re having company. It’s quick and easy, allowing you time to visit with your guests. You can make the whipped mascarpone ahead of time and store it in the fridge until serving time. The peaches don’t take long to grill and assembling them takes even less time. While this is a dessert that is impressive enough to serve company, it’s still great for a weeknight at home when you are craving something sweet.
Grilled Peaches with Honey Whipped Mascarpone
Honey Whipped Mascarpone
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- pinch kosher salt
- 4 large ripe peaches
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- In a small bowl combine mascarpone cheese, vanilla bean paste, honey and salt. Using a whisk, whip all the ingredients together until they are mixed thoroughly. Set aside in the refrigerator until serving time.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Cut peaches in half and remove the pit. Lightly brush with olive oil and sprinkle with a little bit of kosher salt.
- Place peaches on the grill, pitted side down, and grill over direct heat for about 10 minutes. You want the surface of the peaches to caramelize and show the grill marks.
- Remove peaches from the grill and place on a serving platter or individual plates. Top each peach half with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mascarpone mixture and sprinkle all the peaches with the chopped pistachios.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @SaporitoKitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #SaporitoKitchen