- Look for zucchinis that have a firm texture and are free from nicks and cuts.
- Make sure to preheat your grill to ensure proper browning and grill marks on the zucchini without making it mushy.
- Serve this italian zucchini right off the grill so it is fresh and not soggy.
Substitutions and Variations
- Yellow Squash - This recipe can be used to season and grill yellow squash instead of the zucchini or can be used with a combination of both!
- Spicy - Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes onto the zucchini with the other seasoning for an extra zesty kick.
- Cheese - Sprinkle freshly grated parmesan cheese over the grilled zucchini after the lemon juice.
Alternative Cooking Methods
- Grill Pan - If the weather doesn't allow for grilling outside, this zucchini can be made inside on a grill pan on the stovetop. Cooking times will be similar to using an outdoor grill. Look for each side to be lightly browned and tender.
- Roasted - These seasoned zucchini halves can also be roasted in the oven at 375˚ for approximately 15-20 minutes. Zucchini should be tender and lightly browned on top.
Grilled zucchini will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days when stored in an airtight container. It can be reheated in the oven or in the microwave.