This delicious grilled broccolini recipe is made with just 5 ingredients and it can be finished in less than 15 minutes. Fresh broccolini is tossed with olive oil, lemon, red pepper flakes, and salt, then charred on the grill. This light and tasty side dish is perfect for summertime grilling!
Cooking on the grill doesn't have to be limited to just meat. I love grilling vegetables, fruit, and even pizza! This grilled broccolini is such a tasty side dish that's light and is perfect for your next summer cookout. This dish is naturally vegan and gluten free, but even the favorite carnivore in your life will love it!
🥦 Ingredient notes
- Broccolini - Broccolini is a hybrid cross between regular broccoli and chinese broccoli. It has a more mild and sweet flavor.
- Crushed red pepper - red pepper flakes add a nice spice to this side dish without it being too spicy, however, it can be omitted if needed.
- Lemon - One large lemon will work for this recipe. You will need both the zest and the juice to flavor the broccolini before grilling. You can also grab another lemon or two to slice and grill up for an extra garnish!
🔪 Step by step instructions
First, drizzle your broccolini in olive oil and sprinkle it with lemon juice, lemon zest, crushed red pepper flakes and salt. Toss the broccolini or use your hands to rub the olive oil and seasonings all over the broccolini.
Grill the broccolini over medium high heat on the grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
Broccolini should be bright green and lightly charred. Serve hot or at room temperature.
If you ever don't recognize a tool or skill that I mention, be sure to look it up in the Glossary of Cooking Terms and Definitions for more information.
⭐ Top tip
Place the broccolini at an angle or sideways on the grill so it doesn't fall through the grill grates.
- Cheese - Top the grilled broccolini with shredded parmesan cheese
🥘 Alternative cooking methods
- Oven - This broccolini can be cooked in the oven 375˚ on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Cook till bright green and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
For a quick overview of this recipe, check out my web story for this easy grilled broccoli recipe!
🥗 More side dishes
If you loved this recipe for grilled broccolini, check out these other tasty side dishes that I know you will love!
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, approximately 375˚.
- Drizzle broccolini with olive oil and sprinkle with lemon juice, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, and salt. Toss gently to make sure all of the broccolini is completely covered in oil and seasonings.
- Grill seasoned broccolini for 3-4 minutes on each side until lightly charred and bright green.