This salad is adapted from Ina Garten's Celery and Parmesan Salad
- Crisp up limp celery by cutting off the bottom of the bunch of celery and place it in cold water for 20-30 minutes to crisp it up again.
- Vegan/Dairy Free - to make this salad vegan or dairy free, omit the parmesan cheese.
- Nuts/Seeds - add sliced almonds, sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts for extra crunch.
- Fruit/Vegetables - add in dried cranberries, sliced apples or sliced fennel for extra flavor.
- Different Cheese - try feta, asiago or pecorino romano as other cheese alternatives.
- Spicy - add 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes to the dressing to kick the flavor up a notch!
If making this salad ahead of time, store the combined celery and parmesan in the refrigerator separately from the dressing. When it's time for serving, pour the dressing over celery and parmesan and toss to combine.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 24 hours.