These easy blueberry muffins are light and fluffy, packed with juicy blueberries, and topped with a sweet and crunchy streusel topping! Perfect for breakfast, school lunches or afternoon snacks!
- 2 cups all purpose flour, divided
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 large whole egg, room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375° and line muffin tins with liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine 1 ¾ cup of the flour with the granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk together to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ¼ cup of flour with all of the blueberries. Toss to combine and set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine milk, butter, oil and egg and whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add blueberries to the batter and stir gently to the combine.
- Evenly distribute the batter into 18 prepared muffin cups.
- To make the streusel topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, and butter in a small bowl. Using a fork or your hands mash the ingredients together to incorporate the butter into the brown sugar and flour. The mixture should resemble wet sand.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the tops of all the muffin batter and bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes. Muffins are done with a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of them and the streusel is slightly browned.
- Category: sweet breakfast, snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberries, breakfast, brunch, dessert, muffins, snack