Easy Blueberry Streusel Muffins. These simple yet delicious muffins are fluffy and slightly sweet, filled with juicy blueberries and topped with a sweet streusel topping. They are great for a quick snack, breakfast or brunch!
It’s Summertime, which means, berry season! I mean, come on, what’s better than Summer and berries? How about Summer, baking, and berries. Yes, that is definitely better. We love all types of berries around here, but for this recipe, I used our good friend, the blueberry.
These Easy Blueberry Streusel Muffins are also a favorite during the school year. They make for an easy breakfast or even a yummy after-school snack. I especially like making these with fresh blueberries during the Summer. Bonus points if they come from your garden!
If you aren’t a big blueberry fan, you can substitute them for raspberries, strawberries or even blackberries. You can also use either fresh or frozen berries. I have used both for this recipe and either work just fine. If you really like a little extra sweetness, double the quantities of the streusel ingredients and prepare to be wowed!
Tips for Making Easy Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- Whether you are using fresh or frozen berries, I recommend taking a little bit of your measured flour and mixing it with the berries before folding them into the batter. This helps the blueberries stay evenly distributed throughout the muffin and not just sink to the bottom.
- If you are using frozen blueberries, there is no need to defrost them, but just know that the muffins may take a couple of minutes longer to cook.
- If substituting the berries, most of them can be added whole, but if using strawberries, I recommend chopping them up into smaller pieces.
Tips for Storing Muffins
- These will last about 2-3 days at room temperature or up to a week in the fridge if stored in an airtight container.
- You can also store these in the freezer for up to 2 months. I recommend individually wrapping each muffin in plastic wrap and then storing them in a larger airtight container.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @SaporitoKitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #SaporitoKitchen
Have more berries burning a hole in your pocket? Try out some of my other berrylicious recipes below!