Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Blue Cheese are creamy in the middle and crispy on the edges and topped with blue cheese for the best side dish!
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 oz crumbled blue cheese
- chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Wash potatoes and poke them several times with a fork or knife and place on prepared baking sheet. Baked potatoes for approximately 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender.
- Using a glass or small bowl, smash the potatoes with the bottom of the glass or bowl until they are flattened. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes back in the oven under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until they just start to brown on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle potatoes with the blue cheese. Place back in the oven under the broiler for an additional 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly browned. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 211
Keywords: cheese, gluten free, potatoes, vegetarian