These Crispy Baked Ground Turkey Tacos are piled high with ground turkey, refried beans, melted cheese and all the toppings. Crispy on the outside and warm and delicious on the inside, these will soon be a weeknight staple.
- 10 each stand and stuff taco shells
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (16 oz can) refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Assorted Taco Toppings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place taco shells in 9x13 baking dish.
- In a medium sized pan over medium high heat add ground turkey and cook for about 5 minutes or until turkey is mostly browned. Add in salt, cumin, garlic powder and chili powder and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until meat is completely cooked and spices are well incorporated.
- Remove meat from the pan, draining excess liquid and divide ground meat evenly into the 10 taco shells.
- Divide refried beans evenly and place on top of meat in the tacos shells. Top meat and beans with shredded cheese.
- Bake tacos in the oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and edges are slightly browned.
- Top with desired toppings, such as, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, avocado, sour cream or salsa.
Inspired by The Cookie Rookie's Baked Spicy Chicken Tacos
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
- Calories: 696
Keywords: dinner, easy, kid friendly, quick dinner, tacos, turkey